2 min read
- Immediately report concerns or allegations of child abuse in accordance with appropriate procedures;
- Procedures must be set out by the organizations to ensure that all staff and volunteers know what to do if an allegation is made, either by a child, parent, staff and volunteers’ member or visitor;
- We encourage all staff and volunteers to adhere to the country’s labour code, if available;
- All members of the team will encourage their staff and volunteers to be open in discussing the potential of abuse in their organization;
- Where an allegation has been made that staff or a volunteer member/visitor to the organization has abused a child then Wedoourbest.org will investigate and take the appropriate action to deal with the situation.
- Use of children’s images and personal information for promotion, fundraising, and development education;
- Before photographing or filming a child, assess and endeavour to comply with local traditions or restrictions for reproducing personal images;
- Before photographing or filming a child, obtain consent from the child or a parent or guardian of the child. It must be explained how the photograph or film will be used;
- Ensure photographs, films, videos, and DVDs present children in a dignified and respectful manner and not in a vulnerable or submissive manner. Children should be adequately clothed and not in poses that could be seen as sexually suggestive;
- Ensure images are honest representations of the context and the facts;
- Ensure file labels do not reveal identifying information about a child when sending images electronically;
- We always ask for permission to take photo or video;
- Photo of children who are sick or injured must be evaluated carefully and all use of photo and video must be approved by Wedoourbest COO before using such material.
- In order to maintain our neutrality, we often use photos from photo archives that are generally released freely online, the same considerations are made using these photos.
- Wedoourbest.org can assign a person the right to take a photo on behalf of an organization, special rules apply to this. Photo and video recorded on the phone are also added to these rules.
Approved by the senior management team.
Last updated: April 5, 2021 at 7:29 am